The New Biology and Athletic Improvement
Sport Psychologists and coaches have known for a long time that physical training alone does not make an athlete. There are also intangibles such as positive mental imaging and goal rehearsal that improve performance. A company, NES Health (NES), founded in 2004, researches some of these intangibles. NES and other companies specialize in understanding the Information and Energy that run your body. They call their research the New Biology.
The concept is simple. Imagine the body as a computer. The body’s cells and organs are its hardware. How does the hardware know what to do? What is the body’s software? Where are the operating instructions that it needs to run the hardware? The New Biology says that information and energy fields underlie the body and serve as its master operating system (its software). Correct the body’s control system and enhance its energy systems and the body can be more effective and efficient. In addition, the body will work properly and maintain a state of robust health. These companies make “infoceuticals” and energetic devices which correct the control systems of the body and the brain (Biofeedback). They also make devices which can assess what therapies (botanicals, homeopathics, infoceuticals, affirmations, supplements) will help to improve the health and efficiency of the body.
Bioenergetic methods seem to be able to help an entire team.
Here are some examples of how the New Biology has been used to help an athlete (or team) improve performance without using banned substances. (Details have been changed to preserve anonymity.)
1. A national athlete was injured and changed his training routine. One side of his body became stronger than the other. Consequently his technique was thrown off and his performance diminished. He lost confidence and struggled to maintain a positive image. He exhibited stress. Stress caused his immune system to be less effective and hampered absorption of nutrients. His energy level fell, so he started eating “sweets.” Low immune system and “sweets” gave rise to a Candida infection and his hormones went out. Drive and discipline waned. He got colds and flus easily and repeatedly. All this happened over a period of months, while he had social challenges as well.
Rx: An infoceutical stress reducer; a set of biofeedback affirmations to correct self-image and attitude; a homeopathic to correct for the “injury trauma”; another homeopathic to help build mental toughness and discipline; homeopathics and botanicals to prevent flus and colds, and some diet recommendations, including kefir, to cut the candida. In addition, the athlete worked out a routine with his trainer to equalize the strength on both sides of his body. This body correction was supported by biofeedback.
Result: Within three months his body equalized, his confidence, energy level and stamina came back. His performance improved. This athlete was back on track.
2. A national athlete showed great promise in training but on “Game Day” performance was disappointing. Bioenergetic scan indicated endogenous anxiety.
Rx: Long distance bioenergetic balancing and a homeopathic remedy on “game day”.
Result: On their next outing the athlete won a prestigious national contest. Bioenergetic treatment and homeopathics were discontinued and athlete returned to, “promising but disappointing.”
3. A varsity athlete had a weakness in a key strength area more than 1.5 standard deviations from colleague average. With long distance bioenergetic treatment over two years the strength area improved 1 standard deviation above the norm without any special training or supplement.
4. A long-time masters athlete began to be treated by an NES practitioner. His times improved more than 5% in one season after taking infoceutiicals for three months.
5. A team was losing a pivotal contest after one interval because of “bad bounces” and disorganized play. Bioenergetic scanning was applied and in the second interval, the team caught up and never looked back for the entire series.
Cautions: Bioenergetic techniques are not a substitute for proper rest, nutrition, coaching, training and medical treatments. In addition, bioenergetic treatment alone will not make a local athlete into a national athlete nor will it equalize outmatched teams.
Bioenergetic treatment is in its infancy but many athletes are now using it. It has the potential to subtly improve the performance of athletes and teams.
Policy: Be Well Alternatives offers exclusivity to an athlete or team in any arena of competition (we do not treat athletes who compete against each other).